Tuesday 22 October 2013

Flash Fiction

One Day Brief

We were each given a short 50 word story in which we had to illustrate using 4 photographs. To illustrate the story I broke it down into 4 sections and tried to illustrate each part and took a fairly literal approach to each image. The first image of the red hoody on the floor with the sweets is quite self explanatory and illustrates the red hoody and snacks split everywhere. The bag with the hair brush shows that it belonged to the blonde girl as the brush has blonde hair weaved into it, it also represents the picnic basket. Thirdly, the open gate symbolizes that the girl has gone from the park and that her location is now un-known. Finally, the image of the crow represents pity as it is a dark creature linked to sadness and possibly death.

Overall I enjoyed the project even though it took me a while to decided which location to use for my shots and how to compose them and may of worked faster on my own or in a slightly smaller group but, on the other hand the props and ideas from people I was working with helped a great deal. Not having a lot of time forced me to think fast on my feet stopping me from over thinking the shots.


He Was Away
The red hood lay on the floor, a little scuffed and dirty, as if there had been a struggle.
The blonde was no where to be seen, her picnic basket tossed on its side, the snacks split everywhere.
A pity that the woodsman was away visiting his aunt.
A pity







No comments:

Post a Comment